Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to be certified and supported on HP ProLiant Systems
The latest months has been a witness to a serious Ubuntu expansion in corporate environments, trend that is in progress, continuing to reach more and more "targets".
Canonical has just announced the near-future certifications and support of Ubuntu 12.04 on HP ProLiant servers and that Ubuntu will be added to the HP ProLiant Certification and Support Matrices on hp.com, furthermore, starting with Precise's release on April 26th 2012, customers that demand Ubuntu Hardware warranty support on HP ProLiant will be able to receive it from HP.
Canonical CEO, Jane Silber, stated: "This validates our decision to focus on the technologies that will underpin the next generation of datacentres. More importantly it gives a vast number of users the ability to deploy these technologies with the support and backing of the largest computer manufacturer in the world. I can’t wait to see where this takes us next".
Starting with the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS release, "HP will work with Ubuntu to certify HP ProLiant server models shortly after launch".
- Today, April 16th 2013, Canonical and VMware announced interesting partnership at the OpenStack Summit
- Canonical is attending the OpenStack Summit between April 15-18 2013 in Portland, Oregon
- Ubuntu Server becomes the only OS fully operational across HP Moonshot (x86 and ARM), the "new style of IT"
- Canonical announces exciting collaboration with Chinese entities to produce Ubuntu Kylin
- At MWC 2013, Ubuntu phone OS becomes the first smartphone OS integrated with Orange and Deutsche Telekom in GSMA OneAPI initiative