Ubuntu 13.04 named Raring Ringtail
Ubuntu 12.10 is minutes/hours away from its official release, consequently, starting with tomorrow, the developers are to be focused on developing the next Ubuntu version, Ubuntu 13.04.
Along with the upcoming development, Ubuntu 13.04 must receive a name, thus following the Ubuntu tradition, Mark Shuttleworth has announced the name for the 13.04: Raring Ringtail.
According to Wikipedia, the ringtail (Bassariscus astutus) is a mammal of the raccoon family, living in arid regions of North America.
The ringtail is known for its agility, "their considerable tail provides balance for negotiating narrow ledges and limbs, even allowing them to reverse directions by performing a cartwheel".
Along with creating and introducing the name, Mark Shuttleworth brings definetely exciting long-awaited news: "we have two short cycles before we’re into the LTS, and by then we want to have the phone, tablet and TV all lined up".
- The official online tour updated and available for Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 13.04 released, provides massive amount of performance improvements and new features
- Unity updated in Raring Ringtail with refreshed clockwise Ubuntu logo
- Unity updated in Ubuntu 13.04 with performance improvements and smoother Unity Previews animations
- Friends-app updated with optimized size, how-to screen and improvements