Ubuntu One Indicator 1.0 released (Ubuntu 12.04 PPA available)
Ubuntu One Indicator is a handy appindicator that displays various Ubuntu One activities, featuring a monochrome icon capable of displaying various action progress (like for instance, the sync between the loud and the Ubuntu One folder).
Ubuntu One Indicator 1.0 has been released, bringing useful addition into the appindicator menu, such as Open Ubuntu One Folder, Launch Ubuntu One Website, Open Control Panel, Recently Published Files, entries that provide a quick way to open both the "online" part of Ubuntu one as well as its local storage and the Control Panel (from where various settings can be applied/modified).
How do we install Ubuntu One Indicator 1.0?
Add the following PPA (Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rye/ubuntuone-extras
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indicator-ubuntuone
After the install process is finished, the indicator will be automatically launched on startup.
The next version of Indicator Ubuntu One, 1.0.2, is to feature displaying the estimate time of the sync action, feature that can already be tested via the daily PPA.
Bugs can be reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-ubuntuone
- Ubuntu One Indicator 1.0.2 released with transfer ETA and bug fixes (PPA available)
- Ubuntu One Music Store's Rhythmbox plugin to be removed in Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 12.10 and Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu One removes the support for Tomboy notes syncing at the end of February 2013
- Indicator Sync landed in Ubuntu 13.04 by default
- Ubuntu One for Mac OS X stable released