Ubuntu for phones mentioned on AT&T slide's "Monitoring other developments" (CES 2013)
Starting tomorrow, January 8th 2013, until January 11th 2013, CES 2013 is going to gather exciting technologies from across the world, encapsulating cutting-edge futuristic IT items into demos, presentations, talks, conferences, etc.
Ubuntu will be represented at CES by a team of developers, furthermore, demoing Ubuntu for phones, a recently-announced innovative phone-aimed operating system.
AT&T is a powerful US-based multinational telecommunication corporation, being one of the largest providers of mobile telephony in the United States.
While present at CES 2013, the AT&T developers have expressed their CES focus via a big-sized slide, where Ubuntu (for phones) can be easily spotted under Monitoring other developments, clearly proving that the days-old Ubuntu for phones has already started to attract the attention of top-of-the-line mobile telephony-related corporations.
- Famous hacker Kevin Mitnick visited the Ubuntu booth at CES 2013
- Ubuntu for phones demoed with edit-image filled-with-entries menu and usable virtual keyboard
- Jono Bacon answered questions at CES 2013 (related to closing windows, terminal, respins, etc)
- Ubuntu's Michael Frey demoes Ubuntu for phones with built-in notification bubble (CES 2013)
- Jono Bacon video demoes Ubuntu for phones at CES 2013