Ubuntu QML toolkit received support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Ubuntu 13.04
Immediately after the arrival of the new 2013 year, Canonical revealed the polished and innovative Ubuntu phones OS, starting a serious exciting movement towards incarnating the pure Ubuntu desktop into a phone form-factor.
Ubuntu QML toolkit immediately followed after the successfully-received-by-users phone OS, toolkit that, while centering QML and utilizing the latest Qt technologies, allows (work in progress) third-party developers to create modern applications with fancy shapes, interesting animations, vivid colors, etc.
In the Ubuntu community, there are numerous user types, including users who cherish and daily use the LTS version of Ubuntu, users who have expressed demands for Ubuntu QML toolkit's availability for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (since the initial QML toolkit announcement).
The developers have released a new Ubuntu QML toolkit version, introducing support for Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 13.04, thus, along with the initially-supported Ubuntu 12.10, reaching the majority of Ubuntu users.
The QML components (available via the above mentioned PPA) depend on the latest Qt versions, yet, the required Qt PPA has been updated also with support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, essentially, the LTS users are able to enjoy a full no-compromise experience (from a number of provided packages point-of-view).
Full installation details are available on http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/gomobile/
- Ubuntu SDK-based third-party Weather app demoed with creative elements
- Twitter app Tori and Reddit Reader demonstrate how interesting apps can be created with the recently released Ubuntu SDK
- Creative third-party developer demoes fancy animated RSS reader created with Ubuntu SDK
- Third-party developer created polished Timer application with QML
- Third-party developer demoes fresh application created with Ubuntu QML toolkit