Ubuntu Software Center adds installed apps to the launcher by default in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
In Oneiric Ocelot, after an application is installed via Ubuntu Software Center, its icon/launcher is manually handled, by asking the user to add it to the launcher.
Ubuntu 12.04's Ubuntu Software Center changes the approach of how the installed applications are handled, ditching the manual way in favor of the new default to add every app to the launcher, in order to probably save time, effort and to offer a clear "map" to the new users (who might find difficult to locate the newly installed app).
This isn't intrusive at all, meaning, it can be easily globally unselected via
Ubuntu Software Center-->View-->uncheck New Applications in Launcher
- Precise's Ubuntu Software Center received optimized Recommended For You panel
- Precise's Ubuntu Software Center gained progressbar support
- Precise's Ubuntu Software Center gained specific software recommendations
- Ubuntu Software Center adds software recommendations (Ubuntu 12.04)
- Ubuntu Software Center 5.1.1 received multiple screenshots support in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS