Ubuntu Software Center detail-aware PDF guide released
Driven by "Wow! I didn't know Ubuntu is that easy. I didn't know Ubuntu could make my life easier and more fun!" targets, the Ubuntu Vancouver Local Community created and has just published a detailed Ubuntu Software Center guide.
"Many months later, dozens of edits, a few curve-balls thrown at us by the world, and here we are! I am happy to announce that our first Ubuntu Software Center guide is complete and ready for you and the people you know that are new to Ubuntu. The creation of this guide really was a second labour of love, and I hope the results will speak accordingly".
Created by Randall Ross, Charlene Tessier and Courtney Loo, this detail-aware .PDF covers things starting with "What is Ubuntu Software Center", then going through basics ("Searching for Software", "Add-ons", "Reviews")and, finally, ending with complex tasks ("Purchasing Software", "Software Sources").
The book has a special dedication
"This guide is dedicated to Matthew Paul Thomas (mpt), Ubuntu visionary. Thank you for helping to make the world a better place".
- Ubuntu Software Center receives new books/magazines available via "For Purchase" section
- The new Ubuntu Software Center icon landed in Ubuntu 13.04
- Third-party developer video-demoes interesting Ubuntu Touch-aimed Ubuntu Software Center mockup
- 390-pages-long LibreOffice 4.0 Getting Started Guide freely available for download
- Steam landed in Ubuntu Software Center