Ubuntu Tweak 0.7 released with numerous new features (PPA available)
Ubuntu Tweak is a full-fledged tweaking tool that bring an easy-to-use yet powerful interface with a vast stack of configuration options.
Ubuntu Tweak has been updated to another interesting release, 0.7, being labeled as "Precise Tweak", due to Precise Pangolin's imminent release, presenting itself as indeed, a "professional" tweaking app that properly categorizes items, making them available and usable for both advanced users and newcomers.
What is new in Ubuntu Tweak 0.7?
- option to install icon themes
- ability to switch ON/OFF the HUD and the Shortcut Hints Overlay
- enhanced login screen support with option to select ON/OFF the Draw Grid and the login sound, as well as selecting its theme
- new additions: Application Center (useful to install popular applications), Source Center (collection of various software sources to ensure a more up-to-date software experience), Templates and Scripts (useful scripts that can bring additional functionality to the context menu)
- option to easily create quicklists for apps
- enriched Janitor (cleans the computer's junk) with per-application filtering (thus allowing users to clean, for instance, only the cache from Firefox)
- "live" "global" search area positioned on the top-right corner with sub-category coverage (typing edge will return Workspace, which contains an edge configuration options)
- redesigned button sizes and improved alignments, giving the app a more professional "tight" look
- boost in speed
- numerous fixes and minor improvements
How do we install Ubuntu Tweak 0.7?
Add the following official PPA (Oneiric, Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
Bugs can be reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-tweak
- Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.4 released with Ubuntu 13.04 support and fixes
- Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.3 released with fixes
- Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.2 released with improved Ubuntu 12.10 support and improvements
- Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.1 released (further development to be officially continued)
- Ubuntu Tweak's maintainer: The development of Ubuntu Tweak is stopped