[Ubuntu in the wild] ABC's Extreme Makeover actor uses Ubuntu
Months ago, Mark Shuttleworth announced a serious definitely full-of-challenges road for Ubuntu, expressed via a progressive increase across Ubuntu cycles, road that is to ship Ubuntu for 200 millions users.
Being received with both enthusiasm and expressed-across-the-web skepticism, the Ubuntu's expansion has clearly started to grow towards the mentioned goals, backed by continuous evidences (image based, video clips, amateur taken pictures, etc) that are exposing places "aliens" of Linux (as compared to the latest years), places that are showing Ubuntu as an appropriate usable operating system in various situations, including mass-media production, satisfying the needs of both "old" users, newcomers, corporate environments and famous people.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is a television series centered around a family that, after being confronted with unfortunate life situations, receives a completely rebuilt house, usually while the family members are on vacations.
As seen in the below picture, the Extreme home team is using Ubuntu on their desktop with Unity, placing Ubuntu (publicly) in yet another just-"conquered" area.
- Ubuntu-passionate user expresses love towards Ubuntu via artistic painting
- [Ubuntu in the wild] Google GLASS hacked on live official demo with Ubuntu
- [Ubuntu in the wild] EUhackathon's hackers use Ubuntu
- [Ubuntu in the wild] Python book uses Ubuntu
- [Ubuntu in the wild] Ubuntu spotted in Kiev on Dell's banner