Ubuntu's Michael Frey demoes Ubuntu for phones with built-in notification bubble (CES 2013)
Due to CES 2013, numerous Ubuntu developers, engineers and designers have been interviewed and questioned, prolific approach that generated numerous and numerous video demos and informations about in-the-future plans, touch interactions, polished worked-on-detail interface, etc, bundle of details related to Ubuntu for phones.
While attending CES 2013, Ubuntu's Michael Frey demoed the polished phone OS, introducing the journalist to Ubuntu for phones' swiping directions, necessary to hassle-free update the screen with relevant views.
A definitely interesting aspect of the below clip is the presentation of notifications; it seems that the Ubuntu phone OS contains an easily noticeable notification system (similar to the Ubuntu desktop), allowing the user to immediately notice of-interest phone events.
Asked by the journalist, Michael Frey sent an SMS from a device to a running-Ubuntu-for-phones device, receiving the SMS, the latter notified the event via a top-area dark-ish notification bubble.
- Famous hacker Kevin Mitnick visited the Ubuntu booth at CES 2013
- Ubuntu for phones demoed with edit-image filled-with-entries menu and usable virtual keyboard
- Jono Bacon answered questions at CES 2013 (related to closing windows, terminal, respins, etc)
- Jono Bacon video demoes Ubuntu for phones at CES 2013
- Mark Shuttleworth: "That same application can give me a phone face here and a desktop face on the desktop" (CES 2013)