UDS-Q's EA representative talks about Ubuntu's size of community importance
One of UDS-Q's hot topics has been about Electronic Arts, a globally known game industry, that has already produced two free web-browser based games available in Ubuntu Software Center.
The EA representative, in his UDS-Q talk (the first 18 minutes in the bellow clip), introduced the attendees to various EA internal interactions, aw well as the new trend in games (increased female "dominance", the near-future web-browser based powerful games, etc), furthermore, the EA spokesman exposed their Ubuntu-related intentions: "I don't think we're at the stage where we are heavily measuring those products on financial returns, we're trying to understand what they cost us: what's the development exposure, QA, ongoing support".
He continued, stating that "today we're trying to ship a few things that we can that people are interested in", concluding that a critical factor for the future EA games in Ubuntu Software Center is the "size of the community", as opposed to the immediate financial gains.
- System76 CEO, at UDS-Q: We don't build Ubuntu computers because it's Ubuntu, we build Ubuntu computers because it's the best operating system
- Mark Shuttleworth, at UDS-Q: The next LTS, 14.04, to be the best platform in the world
- UDS-Q live recordings (OGG format) available for download
- LibreOffice to gain appmenu integration by default in Ubuntu 12.10 (UDS-Q)
- GNOME Control Center to probably be renamed to Ubuntu Control Center in Ubuntu 12.10