UDS-R official picture set published (395 images)
Ubuntu Developer Summit is a bi-annual official event, event that gathers numerous developers, community members and Ubuntu passionates, bearing the main purpose of discussing, planning, arranging Ubuntu-related areas.
Keynotes (including Mark Shuttleworth's), exciting talks (such as Valve's Drew Bliss, etc), design sessions, desktop planing, etc, have been "consumed" at UDS R, event that took place between October 29th - November 1st 2012 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Along with numerous both live and recorded clips, the developers have published the official picture set from UDS-R, immortalizing the exciting event in pictures.
While presenting images starting with the very beginning of the summit (and continuing with behind-the-scenes pictures, group photos, etc), the set can be visualized as a still-pictures journey into the Developer Summit, familiarizing the user with how-where-whos, as related to events, members, etc, as well as offering a global view of the event (as filtered through its parts).
UDS-R's official picture set is available on pixoulphotography
Hovering the mouse pointer over an image, summons a dialog, clicking on its
Save Photo button (the yellow folder), allows users to save images (including big-sized pictures, such as 4896 x 3264)
- 100 scopes installed by default, parts of systemd incorporated into Upstart, phased updates (Ubuntu 13.04's official goals)
- Ubuntu 13.04 to feature the 3.8 Linux kernel
- Mark Shuttleworth at UDS-R: "By 14.04 we should have phone, tablet, desktop, TV, all wrapped up in one platform"
- Jason Warner, Ubuntu Desktop Manger, at UDS-R: "We're going to stick with Nautilus"
- Valve's Drew Bliss at UDS-R: "Ubuntu was the very obvious choice"