Unity-2D to probably feature the HUD in Ubuntu 12.04
Unity-2D was first implemented as a alternative to Unity 3D, suitable for low-hardware machines incapable of handling the 3D version.
The alternative has become, throughout the development cycles, more and more powerful and polished, "demanding" a feature-parity with its 3D version, presenting itself, at the moment, as almost the same as Unity in terms of features and polish, yet slightly different.
Unity has already received the HUD, an intelligent way of exposing, dealing and interacting with menus, and developers, due to the "great emphasis on quality", requested a feature freeze exception, needed to land the HUD in Unity-2D, request approved hours ago.
The new Unity-2D with the HUD is to probably land in the 5.6 version in the next days/weeks.
- Unity 2D 5.10 released with numerous enhancements and bug fixes
- Unity 2D 5.8 released with chameleonic behavior, multimonitor enhancements and more
- Unity-2D 5.6 landed in Precise Pangolin with the HUD
- Unity-2D 5.4 landed in Ubuntu 12.04 with redesigned buttons and new features
- Unity-2D 5.2 released with numerous improvements in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS