Unity 5.6 released with numerous bug fixes and HUD enhancements
Unity 5.6 has landed in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, bringing a consistent amount of bug fixes, as well as various performance improvements.
What is new in Unity 5.6?
- updated Dash navigation shortcuts, press Ctrl+Tab to navigate between the lenses and press Tab to navigate between lenses' categories
- the HUD features now a Go button
- massive amount of work on HUD's optimization (numerous changes related to ensuring a qualitative Alt pressing, allowing a proper method to both use the HUD and other shortcuts involving the Alt key, like Alt+F2, Alt+F4, etc)
- enhanced mouse over state/highlighting on lenses' icons
- optimized lenses' loading (increased performance)
- Alt+Tab's speed increased by reducing its launching time
- various glow pieces removed from the search bar and Alt+Tab's corners
- numerous bug fixes