Unity Cities scope receives wind speed, Fahrenheit degrees and mph
Unity Cities scope is a powerful online-based tool that quickly exposes various informations about cities (weather, time, etc) by simply entering the desired city name in Dash's search area.
Few days ago, the first version of Unity Cities scope was released and was providing weather in Celsius degrees, time and Google Maps location.
The new just updated version adds wind speed and now the weather is measured in both Celsius and Fahrenheit degrees, the latter coming as an improvement in usability.
In order to prevent users' local area-related issues, the wind speed is also displayed in both km/h and mph.
How do we install Unity Cities scope 0.1?
Add the following official PPA (Oneiric, Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:scopes-packagers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unity-lens-utilities unity-scope-cities
Then, reboot your computer.
Being part of a hidden lens, its icon will not be visible on the Dash, but the usage is quite simple: press the Super/Meta/Windows key and type the name of your desired city in the search area.
Bugs can be reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/onehundredscopes , advisable to enter [cities] at the beginning of the bug title.
- Unity Help lens adds Devhelp and TeXdoc scopes
- Add wordnik-based synonyms and antonyms into the Dash via Unity Thesaurus scope
- Unity Utilities lens adds handy wordnik-based Dictionary scope
- Unity Graphic Design lens gets full functionality for Ubuntu 12.04
- Unity Contacts lens brings Ubuntu One and Google Contacts into the Dash