Unity Graphic Design lens gets full functionality for Ubuntu 12.04
Unity Graphic Design lens combines distinct design-oriented sources allowing users to enhance and enrich their creative "spirit".
Unity Graphic Design lens has just been updated to a version compatible with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, adding, along with the already usable deviantart scope, three scopes:
- Dribbble gathers and exposes a massive creative online place
- Iconfinder provides easy access to finding (and downloading) icons
- Colourlovers adds, by simply clicking on a desired item, palettes directly into GIMP (version 2.8 supported) and Inkscape, from where they can be used
Furthermore, the lens displays a predefined number of found items, yet the number can be increased via the handy + button, that bear a Google Images-like functionality.
How do we install Unity Graphic Design lens 0.1?
Add the following official PPA (Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:scopes-packagers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unity-lens-graphicdesign unity-scope-colourlovers unity-scope-deviantart unity-scope-dribbble unity-scope-iconfinder
- Unity Help lens adds Devhelp and TeXdoc scopes
- Add wordnik-based synonyms and antonyms into the Dash via Unity Thesaurus scope
- Unity Utilities lens adds handy wordnik-based Dictionary scope
- Unity Contacts lens brings Ubuntu One and Google Contacts into the Dash
- Unity Utilities lens landed in Ubuntu 11.10's Ubuntu Software Center