Unity Pidgin lens released (PPA available)
Pidgin is a versatile instant messaging client that can handle multiple networks in the same time, like AIM/ICQ, Yahoo!, Napster, Google Talk, MSN, IRC, etc.
Unity Pidgin lens brings an easy way to search through Pidgin online accounts by simply typing in the search area a desired name, action that triggers displaying the matched accounts from one's list that are online.
Furthermore, along with the search function, Unity Pidgin lens adds the handy ability to, by clicking on a searched&found item, open a contact directly in the "about-to-write-message"/conversation view.
How do we install Unity Pidgin lens 0.1?
Add the following official PPA (Precise, Quantal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:scopes-packagers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unity-lens-pidgin
- Access PuBmed, Google Scholar and JSTOR with Unity Academic lens
- Access movie details, know actors and play trailers via Unity Movie lens
- Easily translate words via Unity WordReference lens
- Unity PyPI lens 0.8 landed in Ubuntu Software Center
- How to easily enable a third-party lens to respect Unity's online-search default approach