Unity Wikipedia lens adds card view and proper item description (PPA available)
Unity Wikpedia lens is a handy Dash place that makes the massive Wikipedia database searchable in a matter of seconds by typing and clicking on desired found items (actions that will open it via the default web-browser).
Unity Wikipedia lens has just been updated to another interesting release, exposing the searched&found items via the new card view, furthermore, the lens displays, along with the usual title (like for instance, Ubuntu, Ubuntu Mobile, etc), handy content preview in the sense of couple of words that, backed by the displayed thumbnail, is to further help the user to identify the proper/correct content.
How do we install Unity Wikipedia lens 0.1?
Add the following official PPA (Precise, Quantal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:scopes-packagers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unity-lens-wikipedia
- Access PuBmed, Google Scholar and JSTOR with Unity Academic lens
- Access movie details, know actors and play trailers via Unity Movie lens
- Easily translate words via Unity WordReference lens
- Unity PyPI lens 0.8 landed in Ubuntu Software Center
- How to easily enable a third-party lens to respect Unity's online-search default approach