Vala-ported GNOME Games available in the official PPA (Ubuntu 12.04)
Weeks ago, various developers have started to port to Vala and enhance the notorious GNOME Games, aiming to revive the projects, progress exposed via an online "tracker".
In the meantime, various games have already been ported to Vala, like Lights Off, Mahjongg, Mines, and Textravex, others being successfully ported to GSettings/GTK+3.
Along with various code-related improvements, the GNOME Games gained numerous enhancements, targeted to an enjoyable experience.
All the new games have been gathered in the official GNOME 3 PPA and they will probably land in Precise's default installation (probably, when the "doneness" percentage is proper for an LTS).
How do we install GNOME Games 3.3.3?
Add the following official PPA (Precise)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnome-games
- Free open-source physics engine QML-Box2D released, opens the door for interesting-games creation
- QML-based Tic-Tac-Toe game video-demoed with impressive animations
- Feed your pleasure for 2D simplistic-yet-captivating games with The Blob Game and Meteor Blaster
- Resurrect your retro gaming passion with Pongaronga, free Pong-like game
- Dogfight and ex.fm app, advanced created-with-Ubuntu-SDK apps